Troubleshooting Internet Explorer Security and Privacy Settings
- Follow steps 1-4 of the Troubleshooting Internet Explorer Settings guide.
- Click on the Security tab.
- Click on the Custom Level button at the bottom.
- In the drop-down box at the bottom, select medium.
- Click on the Reset button.
- Click Yes to the question it asks you.
- Click OK at the bottom.
- Click on the Privacy tab.
- Make sure the slider is set to Medium.
- Click on the Content tab.
- Under Content Advisor, if you see a button other than Enable or Settings, then the content advisor is enabled. It may be causing your problems. If you do not know how to disable the content advisor, you will need to bring the computer in to our shop to have it disabled.
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- Look at the very bottom of the white box. If you see Enable third party browser extensions, remove the check from the box to the left of it. If you do not see it, scroll down 5-10 entries and look for it. If you still do not see it, your version of Internet Explorer may not support the option. You should upgrade Internet Explorer.
- Click OK at the bottom of the window.
- Close the control panel.
- If Internet Explorer is open, close it.
- Open Internet Explorer and try browsing again. If it still does not work and you have Windows 98, ME, or 2000, you must obtain an upgrade CD from us. Either stop in at our shop or call to have one mailed to you. Specify that you need instructions on how to use it to upgrade to Internet Explorer. If you have Windows XP, you must bring the computer in to our shop to be repaired.
If you upgrade Internet Explorer to version 6 and it still does not work, you may need to bring your computer in to our shop to resolve the issue.